How to Become a REALTOR®
To become a member of the St. Croix Board of REALTORS® (STXBOR) you must have a valid real estate license (regular or temporary) or a broker’s license approved by the Virgin Islands Real Estate Commission and issued by the Virgin Islands Department of Licensing and Consumer Affairs. The following instructions are for agents or brokers joining an existing member agency of STXBOR.
NOTE: If you are a broker and starting a new agency please contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional guidance.
- Complete the on-line New Membership Application. Click Here for Application
- After completing the application on-line, submit a copy of real estate license and broker sponsorship letter to the e-mail address on the on-line application.
- Instructions will be sent on how to make on-line payments (of REALTOR® dues and MLS fees – see below) plus a $100 non-refundable application fee.
- Membership application is submitted to the Membership Committee for review
- Applicants must complete the on-line legal liability training, the REALTOR® Code of Ethics (COE) training.
- After COE is completed, Membership Committee presents to the Board of Directors for official approval, and MLS access is provided.
- Attend the next scheduled New Member Orientation.
Welcome! You are now a REALTOR®. Your next step if you have a temporary real estate license, is to take the real estate exam to get your regular Real Estate Sales Agent license.